A curated list of training plans for running ultramarathons.
Table of Contents
- Kevin Sayers’ UltRunR Site– A compilation of advice taken from the Ultra List. One of THE BEST resources covering all topics related to ultramarathon training!
- Ultramarathon 101 notes from Tom Perry of Fleet Feet Sports in Rochester, NY
- Marathon-training-program.com general tips for ultra training
- Suite101.com article on ultramarathon training
- Ultramarathon freshman seminar taught at LeHigh University in 1996
- Eric Grossman’s article about preparing for an ultramarathon
- Weight training plan for ultramarathons (shameless plug- this is a site I own)
- Santa Clarita Runner’s ultra schedule generator- for 50k and 50 mile training programs… pretty nifty!
- Therunnersguide.com– advice on running ultramarathons
- Bryon Powell’s iRunFar.com article about ultrarunning
- Gary Cantrell article in Ultrarunning Online about ultrrunning
- eHow article about running ultramarathons
- Barefoot running and ultramarathons (another site of mine)
- Ultrarunning advice from someone who clearly knows his running.
- Pete Pfitzinger’s articles about distance running
- Running Plannet listing of various marathon training programs that can be easily retrofitted to 50k’s
- Runner’s World article and training plan for running your first 50 miler
- Hal Higdon’s ultramarathon training plan
- Mountain Massochist 50 Mile Training Plan
- Run100s.com– THE resource for North American 100 milers.
- Running your first 100- By Blake Norwood, RD for Umstead 100
- Shawn McDonald’s Ultrarunning Advice– includes topics such as pacing, tapering, nutrition, hill training, and training for your first 100
- Cool Running link to “Essential elements to running 100 miles” forum thread
- Run 100 Miles– blog article on running your first 100
- Cool Running Pace Calculator
- Flashlightreviews.com– A great site that reviews flashlights and headlamps
- Run/ Walk calculator– used to calculate overall pace when using a specific run/ walk strategy
- Time calculator for adding times to get a cumulative time
- McMillan running calculator– calculate your finish times based on results from other distances. In my experience, relatively accurate.
- Ultracrews.com– A place for runners to find available crew members and pacers
- Running Training
- Running Masks For Training
- Running Training Journal
- Running Books Training
- Running Training Equipment
- Training Parachute Running
- Running Equipment For Training
- Running Training Mask
- Running Speed Training
- Running Parachute Speed Training
- Running Mask Breathing Training
- Running Parachute Training Youth
- Running Pace Watch
- 4runner Running Boards
- Running Table Runner